![]() |
| "Crazy for Thomas" Quilt |
Mom has made "snuggly quilts" for a lot of the grand kids when they went off to college. Most of them were variations of 8 inch squares. She had cut out flannel squares for a quilt for Thomas but didn't have time to finish it before the big move. I asked her if I could finish it when we found out Thomas would be moving to Steamboat Springs. It gets really cold and snowy there and I thought he needed a "snuggly quilt" to stay warm. I wanted to try something new with squares and found a pattern where you sewed 20 squares together into a 4 x 5 rectangles and then re-cut and re-sewed the rectangle back together into a "crazy" style rectangle. I then sewed 4 "crazy" rectangles to make the quilt. I like it way it turned out, especially for a guy quilt.
![]() |
| Mark's quilt |
![]() |
| Clay's quilt |
I also ended making wedding quilts for two of John's nephews and their brides (with Annie and Rachel's help, thank heavens.) Mark (Paul's son) is getting married this week in the Nauvoo Temple. (Hooray, I leave tomorrow to visit Matt and Erin and kids in St. Louis and then go to the sealing in Nauvoo.) Clay (Eric's son) is getting married the end of this month.
It isn't easy choosing fabrics for two quilts at the same time, but I love them both. I love working with pretty fabrics. We tied the quilts on Saturday at Marianne's home. Mark's quilt is a funky bold quilt with pink and red roses on a brown background, light blue and red border, and then a red polka-dot. I had Clay's fiancee choose her quilt since she was there to tie the quilts and she chose the classic red, white and black quilt because she "didn't like roses". . . I hope Mark and his fiancee do. But what do kids in their early twenties know?



the crazy quilt is awesome! i love it, and i want to learn to quilt!
ReplyDeleteI guess "a lot" of the grandkids doesn't include me. sigh. Grandma's quilts are awesome. and so are yours. I rexpecially love Thomas's crazy square quilt.
ReplyDeleteI love the crazy quilt and the wedding quilts. You are so talented. Brandon and I still just LOVE the wedding quilt you made for us...so cozy!! Thanks again, it is still honestly my favorite wedding gift and I love that it says from the Kaysville 18th ward. I miss all my YW leaders from that ward. Boo hoo! But I'm glad I can keep up with you on the blogger. What's your E-mail address so I can invite you to read my private blog? Thanks!
ReplyDelete