Friday, February 10, 2012

Are Pictures Worth A Thousand Words?

Today I finally finished and ordered (hooray) my third and last 2012 family photo calendar: one for my family, one for the Nevilles and one for the Lingards. I am not as late as it sounds, I haven't wanted to make December more stressful than it already is, so I make the calendars in January and they start in February. (Actually, January was a little stressful too, so the Lingard calendar won't start until March.)

I have been immersed in family pictures these past weeks, so I thought I would share some of my favorites.

Cute Molly under the table, Lily making a fashion statement with her hat, a family picture taken while we were visiting St Charles after Christmas, and Ian at Cherry Hill and styling with his shades and hat!


Travis and Ezra "paddling" the raft on the daily section outside of Moab;  Maggie hugging big brother Ezra, family picture at Hoovenweep, siblings on a rock, and Chris and Maggie in Telluride.

Of course we had Thomas and Monica's wedding in November. I love the picture of John and Chris making faces with Matt standing by; doesn't Annie look beautiful? The look on Thomas' face is priceless; and my fabulous family who came all the way to Portland to be there!

 And finally pictures with mom and dad. The picture of dad holding Molly makes me smile, Mom and dad and Jayne and me in Mexico, maybe for the last time together, three generations of quilters at the Church History Museum Quilt show, and that is actually Jayne with mom and dad in front of their house the day they moved.

I may not be a very good journal keeper or letter writer, but I have over ten years of family calendars that give a year by year pictorial story of three families' lives. I hope that counts as my family history. 

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne, these are wonderful! What a treasure. You brought a tear to my eye. Beyond words.

    ReplyDelete