Brett and Kerri's son Cade is getting married in May and we had the bridal shower last weekend at our home. Way back, when mom was doing showers for her nieces and nephews she couldn't bring herself to play shower games so she decided to make tied quilts for the bride and groom. The quilt was then the shower gift from the aunts. I continued the tradition with my own nieces and nephews. Luckily, since I have over 50 nieces and nephews we are coming to the end of the shower quilts.
| Cade and Taylor with the Aunts (we miss you Jayne and Stacey) |
I made a Valentine's table runner and table topper in February and am finally getting around to document them. I like how the string pieced hearts turned out against the diagonally quilted white background.
John made me the beautiful bench the quilts are on for Valentine's day. It made from a 200 year old maple tree that was cut down in North Ogden. The man John got the wood from speculated that Native Americans may have watered and tended to the tree before the settlers came into the valley. It's a nice idea, but we really have no idea how the tree lived for so long.
That bench is amazing!
ReplyDelete