Monday, November 25, 2013

Old Memories

We were at Martha's condo last weekend and I found a scrapbook she had made of pictures she and dad had taken of our family and pictures we had sent them. What great old memories she had saved for us.

This picture was taken while John and I were engaged in 1977. I think the dress I wore was Jayne's, it was pretty trendy for the time. I know 70's fashions are coming back in style, but we can always hope polyester, bell bottoms pants do not. John used to blow dry his hair, another 70's fashion statement and I had the Farrah Fawset hair down pat.

 
 It was nice to find this sweet picture of me with Martha holding baby Matt, taken in 1978. We both looked pretty young.


Look at those cute chubby little cheeks on Matt and Chris right after we moved to Houston for the first in time in 1981 when John worked for Conoco.
 
 
 

I think this picture was taken in the Lingard's back yard before we moved to Delaware in 1983. We always started long car trips from their house because it was an hour further south than my parents house in Layton. I love the old used station wagon we had with the Kirkham's canvas luggage carrier on top.
 
 
 On the back of this picture I wrote: "Standing in front of our new house in Houston, September, 1986". Matt was 9, Chris was 7, Annie was 4 and Thomas was almost 1.

 

 
And this great picture. was taken in the back of our first Suburban in 1987, the first of many Chevy people and gear haulers we owned.

 
 
It is hard to realize that I now have grandchildren the same age as my children were when these pictures were taken.
 
I am so grateful for for these memories this Thanksgiving week. What a blessing. 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post. The kids were adorable little curly haired bounders and you rocked that 70's hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete