We spent Saturday morning working on Clay and Leslie's new town home. It was a chilly snowy morning. It turns out I am truly John's wife, because I knew how to use the power tools. Jayne stayed home to watch Eva so that's me in the picture with Dave and Leslie photo bombing us.
I love how this picture captures our family working together to build a home.
That afternoon we went on a little hike to the Moab Rim Trail above the Colorado River so the kids could work off a little energy although John didn't need to, he did a trail run with Leslie on the slick rock practice trail that morning.
John and I are still in our work clothes, and I hadn't really warmed up from that morning, but it was good to walk up the slick rock over the river. Sam wanted to throw rocks into the river not realizing it was a long drop down. He scared us to death when he got too close to the cliff. The mommy fear never goes away.
It was nice to sit together as a family in sacrament meeting for the blessing. I watched Jayne with her grandchildren, especially as she held sleepy baby Eva, and Kerri with baby Liam and ached for my own grandchildren. They are so far away. Sometimes it was all I could do not to reach for the babies and Owen and Sam as their mothers and grandmothers were cuddling them. I wanted to be them. I held Eva after sacrament meeting for a few moments before we left and cute Leslie took one last picture saying, "Good, I'm glad I got a picture of you and Eva." And I was grateful for family. For our unconditional love, for our togetherness, and for our generations.







looks fabulous. I wish I could have been there! this also makes me want to bless my next baby in Utah with all you guys! xo
ReplyDelete