What is your full name and why did your parents give it to you?
Beth Ann Hill Neville. Mom was named after her maternal grandmother, Ann Elizabeth Cowley Willey. Mom was always glad her first name was Beth Ann because she thought Beth in the book "Little Women" was such an insipid character that she was glad she wasn't named after her. Mom was always called Beth Ann and never Beth, but dad sometimes called her Bethie. Her mother's name was Eva Cowley Willey Hill Trump. She married Guy Phillip Hill who died when mom was seven. Eva remarried when mom was seventeen to Charles Anthony Trump.
My full name is Jeanne Neville Lingard. I asked mom where our names came from and she said she always thought she would name a girl Jane Ann. Grandma Neville really wanted us to have twin names like Bruce and Bob, our dad's and his twin's names. Mom told me that she liked the elegant way our names looked instead of plain Jean and Jane so we became Jeanne and Jayne. When dad blessed me he called me Jay er Jeanne and I have answered to both names ever since.
I love family history! Great idea! I am very excited to read this.
ReplyDeleteThat is funny that she liked the name Jane Ann! This is really fun!
ReplyDeleteI love that you're doing this. Thanks.
ReplyDelete