And now, in your epistle you have acensured me, but it mattereth not; I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart. I, Pahoran, do not bseek for power, save only to retain my judgment-seat that I may preserve the rights and the liberty of my people. My soul standeth fast in that liberty in the which God hath made us cfree (Alma 61:9).In the all-consuming sale of mom and dad's house there have been a lot of things that have needed to be done. We thought we had the house sold once, but it fell through. A second buyer made an offer, and an addendum was made with a list of repairs. To make a long story short, John and I offered advice that wasn't needed or wanted and hurt feelings ensued. On both sides. I wish I had been able to respond with Pahoran's wisdom: "I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart." Instead I got angry, cried, and felt sorry for myself all weekend. It was a miserable weekend. The only redeeming thing I can say is I did not say out loud the hurtful things that I was thinking.
We (my siblings and I) have been doing all we can to help mom and dad move. At one time or another, we probably have all felt that we were doing more than our share. It has been harder than I ever thought it would be. I understand now why families can be torn apart by hurt feelings. It is easier to give in to imagined or real slights than to not get angry. I am trying to put my anger aside and admire the "greatness of heart" of my family members and acknowledge all they have done to help our parents.
Very nice post and I am so sorry your feelings were hurt last weekend. All of us are stressed and it manifests itself in so many different ways. I still don't know what we would have done without all the family helping to get Mom and Dad moved. What a blessing, hurt feelings and all. Love you, Shelley
ReplyDelete