| John's is the kayak on the left, Craig's is on the right. |
Monday, November 14, 2011
He Thinketh That He Can Built a Kayak
I got my garage back, just in time for winter! John finished his boat. For the past 18 months John has been building a kayak in the garage, while we parked our cars in the driveway. This was not just any kayak, but a 21 foot white and red cedar strip kayak with curly maple accents. Of course it is a tandem so I can go out on more adventures with him. What would I do without John to force me out of my safe, warm, lazy comfort zone. I wouldn't have gone sailing, (he also built a sail boat with my dad), back packing, or river rafting if he hadn't pushed me into them.
John and his brother Craig both decided they wanted to build kayaks, it was a great brother bonding activity. John said the whole time he was building it he felt like Nephi when he was building his ship. Nephi's brothers kept saying "Our brother is a fool, for he thinketh that he can build a ship." John said he often wondered if people were saying that about him. By this point I don't think they doubt him anymore.
I know I don't, and now we get to go touring in our beautiful kayak! And park in the garage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gorgeous. Those boats are amazing.
ReplyDeletethat is AMAAAAAZING!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDelete