John and I planned on driving down to Mesa for Carlos and LaDawn's oldest son Grant's wedding. As long as we were going John volunteered to smoke pork butts for the reception. Then he decided it wouldn't take much more effort to pull a trailer full of Martha's furniture and house wares that Carlos inherited for the newly wed's to use. I also pieced and the aunts and cousins tied the traditional "aunts quilt" for Grant and Kayleen. It was a wonderful family weekend.
Since we were already in Arizona I kind of invited my self to Jayne and Dave's beach house in Rocky Point Mexico. Brett and Kerri and their family and Jayne and Dave were going to be there and I couldn't resist. Thanks Kerri and Jayne. Then John and Annie decided that they would take a few extra days off and spend the weekend as an early 60th birthday present. (I can't believe he is 60. . .yikes!)
One of John's goals for the trip was to take the stand up paddle board past the sand bar into the ocean. After he did it he said he couldn't understand the appeal, he would rather sit down and paddle his kayak. But Annie loved paddle boarding. I even tried it, but was mocked by the spring breakers for going so slow.
After John and Annie left I just relaxed and enjoyed the company and beach. Colby and Jane Ann and their 12 week old son Weston were the highlight of the trip. Everyone loved Weston. He smiled, cooed and talked his way into our hearts. It was also Ezra's 9th birthday so I sent him a note from the beach.
Tuesday morning we packed up again and headed for some Allstate meetings. Jayne told me if I ever had the chance to go to Los Vegas to just enjoy it for what it offered me and not worry about all the bad stuff. So I did. We stayed at the Venician with great rooms. 3 flat screen tvs, (which we didn't turn on), king size bed and a step down living room with a view of a golf course and east mountains.
We wondered around the canals and shoppes of the Venician, visited the conservatory full of beautiful flowers at the Belligio, saw transformers and a wax Bruce Willis on the street, had a yummy meatball sub at Buddy Vs (of Cake Boss fame) too bad the bakery won't open until next month, had not one but two of yummiest chocolate almond crossiant from the Bucheron bakery and best of all saw Cirque dul Soilel's Mystere show. Jayne was right, if you look for the good in Los Vegas you can have a great time.





We sure enjoyed having you with us!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you guys went to Mexico, too! JEALOUS!
ReplyDelete