John made this bed frame for us for Valentine's Day. It is so fabulous I smile every time I walk into our room.
I hope to make this to go on it:
Although it looks quite modern this quilt was actually made in the 1860s and is called Carpenter's Square. It will be a fitting quilt for a hand crafted bed. I ordered the fabric today in blues and greens so I am finically and publicly committed to making it. John made the bed in six weeks, I wonder if I can finish the quilt in the same amount if time. . .
THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous. The quilt will be perfect for it. How fun to have an actual headboard.
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful! I would smile everytime I walked in, too! The quilt will be beautiful, too. You and John are quite a pair:) (love, cali)
ReplyDeleteLove the bed and can't wait to see the quilt.
ReplyDelete