Dear Mother,
Happy Mother’s Day. I wonder if you’ll be here next mothers day. I surely hope so. I miss you people more the longer you are gone. There are so many things I would like to talk to you about, and show you, and ask you. Bruce hasn’t been home for me to get to a store so please excuse it if your gift is late. We do love you so and appreciate you. You know, I remember all those 12¢ bottles of perfume I bought you and how thrilled you were with them and those cheap hankies and I really admire you for your ability to be thrilled no matter what. You even used them too. I know it isn’t the money that counts but I will be glad when I can buy something because I like it regardless of the price. I understand the things you did and the things you said more all the time. I find myself saying them to the children. The twins are such pretty little girls and I find myself telling them they must act “pretty” too or it doesn’t matter and that they should be glad they have dishes to wipe. I’m afraid that by the time you get home we will be just about ready to leave. Bruce only has about 6 weeks left of school this year and then just one more year. He so enjoys school and I’m sure he will be such a fine physician. When I spell that word I think of what one of the fellows jokingly said, “Just think, three years ago I couldn’t even spell physician, and now I are one”. We’ve been pretty busy around here. I made divinity for the Medical Wives last meeting and I made 160 pieces. It was really good but kept me busy for a while. I was elected president of the Med Wives Literary club and I was asked to be Teacher’s trainer in Primary. It seems as if I iron constantly but I do goof off a lot. Jeanne was sick with a high fever last week but she is well now. Bruce gave her four shots and it just about killed him. He just hated to give her a shot and Jeanne just hated to have him. Aunt Lyda and Auntie came up a week ago Tuesday and spent the day with me. I have really learned to love and appreciate Auntie. She has been so good to us and she expects so little in return. She and Aunt Lyda and Roark went to Wyoming over the weekend - from early Sunday until last night - Wed. - and I missed both of them so much. I didn’t realize how much this household revolves around Roark. He is so sure of what he wants and it usually sounds like the best in the world to the other children so they go along with him. The other kids really missed him too but would have liked to have gone with him. Scot's birthday was the 8th and Aunt Lyda wanted to be there for that. Roark had such a good time. Maxine and Bob are awfully good to him and he is right at home there. They are coming along just fine and are going to move into a home (renting) in a few days. I have missed Maxine and it sounds so exciting to be settled in what will be your life’s work.
Just think, Sunday we will have been married seven years. They have been such a wonderful seven years and I love Bruce more now that I thought possible. He is so thoughtful and considerate of me. He calls and lets me know if he will be late and he tries to get home if he possibly can. So many of the husbands are not like that. He really isn’t here too much to help me but he does help when he can. The children just love him and are as anxious as I for school to be out. Jeanne asked the other day when we could do something and Brett quite impatiently told her “not until Daddy’s out of school”. When Bruce is home he does play with the children and enjoy them tho. I don’t feel as if we’ve missed anything by Bruces being in medical school. I got a kick out of Jeannie. After Bruce had given her four shots she would stay in bed until after Bruce had left and then get up with a smile and say “Daddy can’t give me a shot now, can he”. She would never mention it while he was here, she would wait until he had left. Bruce and I are feeling well and trying to lose some weight. I would like to lose about 15 lbs. and Bruce should lose about 25 lbs. Shelley is fussing and I think it’s the applesauce I have her this morning. Please write and tell us how you are. Leone said you weren’t well and I have wondered just what she meant by that. Please tell us how you are. When do you think you’ll be home? Should I get David’s shoes or not. Take care of yourselves and have a nice mother’s day. We love you and I am more thankful all the time that you belong to me forever and ever.
Love, Bruce, Beth Ann etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment