April, 6
Dear Mother and Dad,
I just finished baking some about 8 doz. cookies and I wish you were here to help me eat them. I'm not eating them as I still have lots of weight to lose but I think the children feel I have forgotten how to bake. I'm really sorry I haven't written more. Last week Bruce was home all week and in bed with a severe cold for most of it. I made the girls their Easter dresses and that kept me busy and then a couple of weeks ago I made me one so I have really been on the go. The twins dresses really turned out cute. I wish you could see them. We had Shelley blessed Sunday and I did so miss you. She is cute and we do so enjoy her. She is gaining so fast but she is still very anemic. She has now the blood count that the twins had when they came home from the hospital but she is a good baby and is developing so quickly.
The children enjoy her so much. As soon as she starts to fuss Stacey will tell me "baby cry - rock?" which means, Mother the baby is crying, shall I rock her for you. She will rock the bassinette back and forth for me until I get her something to eat. Brett is such a little hellion. All of the children, of course, have a period of adjustment after a new baby and it is always easier after that period is over but it has been remarkably easy this time. Maybe it just gets easier as you have more. I felt highly complimented the other day. A couple of the girls in the neighborhood came over to see Shelley and they are about 8 years old. I was playing with Brett and Stacey and this one girl said "you really enjoy your children, don't you?" I thought that was really cute for her to have observed and decided that. Bruce gave Shelley a beautiful blessing and I do wish you had been here to stand in the circle with him. She looked so cute and then just after the meeting the family came up and had something to eat with us. Just as we were getting things ready, Bob and Stella came up and brought us a dozen cupcakes. She is the cutest thing and we surely love and appreciate them. It seems so good to feel as if I feel energetic enough to try and do all these things. I felt quite good during my pregnancy, but I just did't have the vim, vigor or vitality to do very much. I am really feeling good.
Thank you so much for the darling little dress. It is so cute and I was so thrilled with the nightgown. I had only four and that day all of them were dirty and I hadn't given her a bath yet and I was going to have to wash them and get them dry before I could bathe her. It came right at the right time. and she looks very sweet in the things. She hasn't lost any of her hair yet, but it is getting a little lighter. It curls tightly when it's wet just like Roark's used to and then when it gets dry it straightens out and stands out. She has little bright eyes and a really cute little pug nose. She seems to be an active baby like Roark was, waving her arms and kicking her little legs most of the time. She is trying to smile now and to goo a little but she hasn't quite made it entirely. We play like she talks to the children and they get such a kick out of that.
We have had such beautiful weather the last few days altho it is still a little brisk We still haven't had enough water and it is supposed to be a dry summer.
I am so sleepy I will close and lie down for a little while. This getting up one or two time a night is getting through to me. No, it really isn't. Today is the first time I have needed a rest in weeks and it is just these last few nights that Bruce hasn't taken turns with me. He doesn't feel too well and he is so busy in school. I do love him so and I wish he would get better. Maybe I just don't have enough faith. Please write when you can. I do so enjoy your letters and I will try to write once a week now as I am back to normal with my sewing done and Bruce back in school.
Love,
Beth & Bruce etc.
This is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteThis is so lovely.
ReplyDelete