The week before last I cleaned the laundry room and pantry. Last week I cleaned the frig. This week I cleaned under all the sinks (with the help of my new steam cleaner). Next week, who knows. Every time I visit my daughters-in-law I vow to be cleaner and neater. They are so good about picking things after their children. Especially Erin. She picks up several times a day and especially at night before the kids go to bed. And her house isn't cluttered! I wish I had done that, but for what ever reason, it was beyond me.
I finally identified one reason I am not as neat as I would like. I am a stress slob. As soon as something comes up that is out of the norm, I don't pick up after myself. Before I know it, clothes are tossed on chairs, papers are left on counters and the house is littered with shoes, (I once picked up 5 pairs of shoes in the great room, all mine,) dust bunnies are taking over the world and the pantry and laundry room are disaster areas.
The holidays are over, life is back to normal and I am climbing out of my self induced clutter. Maybe this time I can follow Erin's example and keep on top of things. Until the next crisis.
love learning this about you. I am definitely a stress slob too. I feel pretty awesome if I manage to clean up once a day. Last week, I tried cleaning up as we went, and you know what? I didn't like it because then I was ALWAYS cleaning.
ReplyDelete